Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thankful friday!

After a series of events that had happened the past few days, probably due to the piled-up workload that I have, and of course tireness, I realised that I have actually overlooked some important matters as well as neglected on some things I did or say. Or should I say, I have kind of lost myself the past few weeks. 


It was subconscious. It was not deliberate. I have like a million things on my hands and I have totally no clue of how am I supposed to manage my time, because the activities are like crashing each other most of the times. What's worse is, these activities has been taking away my weekends, and weekdays night. My 2 important commitments - family and friends, thus has been neglected, I supposed. I also yearn to have personal time for myself which I can't seem to have recently. 


Thus just a few days ago, I gave these matters a serious thought, and have decided to clear things up one by one. Chanting helps because I kind of received some power to have the courage to actually reject some of the commitments to be able to free myself. Yesterday night, I met up with some of my comrades in SMU for a discussion on the IDP event, an event to commemorate peace. I was rather hesitant to accept that involvement, but I accepted because I want to work with a very motivated person, Roy. 


My life in SMUSD has been very fun-filled, and also with lots of learning opportunities. Roy is one of the leaders of SMUSD, and he has this positive aura in him that always motivates people around him. He is a devoted soka member, and has also shared alot of Soka teachings to almost everyone he knows. He has shown actual proof of the power of daimoku, and has so much positive aura in him that I really admire. I hope I can be like him one day, where I can live my life and face every challenges optimistically. Yes, I was taught in Soka that we must all be brave and courageous to face challenges optimistically, I have been trying to do that as my own human revolution. There's so many things I need to change in myself, and I'm quite determined to do just that. So, at times if you see me being negative about certain issues, please nudge me and say, "hey, you are supposed to view it positively, right? "
Thank you.


I'm rather thankful to be able to meet Roy again yesterday night and we had a good talk. Was rather down yesterday due to some personal issues, and I finally set my mind proper and decided to organise my life well again. I shall chant more daimoku and make sure I and manifest the Buddhahood in me, as well as the wisdom and courage in me to face problems. I believe all these will come true. 


I'm having a long weekend this week, a sporty one indeed. Let's see, I will be heading for night cycling tonight, and then cycling at ubin on monday, and kayaking at ubin on tuesday. Wow. I need all these to destress. 


Hopefully everything will turn out well. I'm pretty grateful. 


My chart. Week 20
#1 愚人的国度 孙燕姿


#2 都什么时候了 张惠妹
#3 晚安 林宥嘉
#4 好不容易 方大同
#5 亚特兰提斯 F.I.R.
#6 空口言 孙燕姿
#7 当冬夜渐暖 孙燕姿
#8 最重要的决定 范玮琪
#9 情人知己 梁文音
#10 下一个我 炎亚纶


That's all. Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment