It was really fun and I'm just glad that we've been through both events, unhurt, except for Marcus, who was toppled off his bike, but a minor topple. phew. I believed we all had fun :).
Saturday 14052011 2330hrs
I rushed down from Kranji Camp after my NDP Training. Can you imagine, Kranji Camp to East Coast Park. It was a long train + cab journey. The other 6 pple were at the ECP's Macdonalds waiting for me. It took me 1.5 hours to reach East Coast Park.
Once I got there, we immediately went to our bikes and kickstart this adventure. I believe this is the first time the clique is doing something like that, and we were all pretty excited.

Hmm, I have shiny shoes. :)

First group photo!
This place is our first rest point, where people stopped to drinkup, talk, chill and relax. After about 10 minutes, we continued our journey.
During the journey, C and I were riding alongside and singing mandarin songs, to spice up the long journey. The night was very quiet, and very very peaceful. I love the atmosphere and all, except for the frequent clearing of spider webs and some random mosquitos/flies.
After a 2hr plus ride, we finally arrived at Changi Village. It was about 2.15am. And thus we had supper over there. Roti Prata, Chee Chong Fan, Stingray etc. Wow.

Maybe some of you might know this place.
After that, we continued to embark on our journey. We passed by lots of places, made some wrong routes and all, and we are finally back to east coast park! It was awesome! We set by the cliff and took a break.

It was 6.30am, I seriously love the whole feeling of sitting by the cliff, facing the sea and waiting for sunrise. This very moment is very comfortable!

and we have tired peeps.

nice place to sleep. where you can hear the sound of the waves :)


That markes the end of our Night Cycling trip. It was so fun.
Monday 16052011 1000 hrs
Yes, here I am cycling again. Met VTW peeps at Tampines Int and we proceeded on to Pulau Ubin for a cycling trip, yet again!

Took the tug boat towards Pulau Ubin

It has been long since I last met the army peeps, and we were still as fun as ever. The cycling trip was fun and Pulau Ubin cycling is actually a few times more dangerous than the normal cycling trips in Singapore, because most of the routes in Pulau Ubin were treks.

Nice picture

Halfway through the journey my bicycle's chain came off, W taught me how to fix it back! I've learnt a new skill!

We stopped over at this place and we walked to Chek Jawa.

We couldn't cycle in because that place was restricted to bikes.

ambushed inside all trees!

Chek Jawa Wetlands!

The weather was damn hot but it was fun walking the Chek Jawa. The scenery was damn nice.

What a weird tree bulging out from the waters.

We also climbed up this 7 storey's high building and have a damn good view of the scenery! It was splendid!
After that we proceeded back to the ferry terminal. At one of the slopes, M tripped onto a pothole and fell from his bike. Luckily it wasn't serious. Some scraps on his left elbow and left knee. Hopefully he's alright.
It doesn't mean that if you are an experienced biker you can handle the Pulau Ubin treks. It's not easy. Never good to be confident or complacent when you are cycling in Pulau Ubin.
We took the bus back to tampines.

I thought this picture was nice.
And next we went to have dinner at

Japan Village. Buffet 3pm - 5pm.
We had good food but we were all bloated. There was like never ending orders, and the food just kept coming. But it was damn fun.

finally we took a group photo.
What a memorable weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment