Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blooper: Enrichment Lessons Smacked in the middle of the Holidays!

I guess SMU is relatively an interesting school. It gets you all stressed up in the whole of the 3 months of a semester, it gets you stressed up and can't really enjoy the holidays well by not telling you when they are gonna release the results for every module. Suddenly an email appears in your handphone and you know the results are out. The uncertainty is always there, up till now. 

Of course, the most exciting 'incentive' for SIS students ever, is to having to be called back into school for a 5 day pre-course lessons in school. Where all students from other schools are all sleeping and enjoying their holidays, we are all having our own time in school from 9.30am - 6.30pm having lectures. Not that I dislike it, I actually appreciate what the SIS Professors are doing for us. I guess we really need this 'incentive' to get us started and prepared of what we are to expect for the next semester. Results have been out in stages, and I guess most of us more or less know how well we have done and how else we can improve. I believe we all can do much better in the next semester. Whether you think the professor's gradings are fair or not, I don't think you can really change anything out of it, so what one can do is to evaluate yourself, what have you done well, and not done so well and needs to be improved and be back in semester with a full force and resolve to achieve victory at all cost! :D

For me especially, I believed the problem I faced in this semester is not being able to manage my time well enough. That's definitely something I will work on in the next semester. Also, I have to push myself to class participate more because I myself see how subjective professors can be in the gradings for such a component. So yea, that's something I would work on too. 

Well, shan't brood too much on school stuffs, it's the HOLIDAYS MAN! :D

My friends and I went to town on sunday to shop for a friend's present. It was a short 3 hours outing but we had quite abit of fun. I guessed it was all natural to be shopping for our own stuffs instead of picking and choosing presents for friend. But well, we still managed to settle for something which I felt was not bad. Really hope that birthday boy will like it man :)

While walking, we came across this beautiful decoration. I thought it was awesomely displayed. The reflection of the lights, that formed up a shape of a pyramid in the waters just seem so beautiful! How can I miss the chance to snap a photo of it, right? :)

Guess it's usual to see the mass decoration in Orchard road to fit into the festive seasons. What really appeals to me is actually not the things that were hung on the trees and all, but these sculptures that has always been there. Somehow, it's value seems to be magnified with the presence of all the lightings around it. Loving it :)

Yesterday, a few of my friends managed to find time with me to attend the 7th Student Peace Lecture at SMU, organised by Singapore Soka Association. I'm really glad and grateful that they actually took the time off to come down for this event and I'm pleased that they enjoyed the talk. THANK YOU VERY MUCH C, S, P and V! :D

After which, we did not forget that the Starbucks 1-for-1 deal was still on! :) Went to bugis with V, P and S to of course enjoy the #cheapthrill :) 

Awesome $2.50 per cup of STARBUCKS! :) ToffeeNut for the win! Nice. 
How was your experience of the Starbucks 1-for-1 cheap thrill? :)

Had quite abit of catchup with them, talking about life, love and relationships and all. Really wished we had abit more time with each other that night :) If not for my lessons my next day, I would have stayed longer :)

Anyway, i finally got hold of the picture of the new SMRT MAN A22 Bus on the streets! It was on Sv 61! I think this bus is rather awesome looking and no wonder SMRT wanna buy MAN buses because i believe they can be as strong as our MAN Trucks :) Nice picture! 

Fan of buses? Connect with me !! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment