Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thankful.

It has been ages since I really celebrated my birthday. Don't you find life boring when you don't have something interesting going on, or rather, days that you can actually have a get together with your family and friends? I had a rather long celebrations this time as I would want my 21st birthday to be an unforgettable one. 


As mentioned in the previous post, I have touched part I of my birthday relay, so now I shall touch on my part II and part III. I am thankful that all my family and friends actually came down, and spent the effort to look for gifts and what not. I'm touched by the sincerity and effort. Thank you people. :)
 


This strawberry shortcake is prepared and bought my Friend R. Oh well, strawberry is one of my least liked fruits (I didn't like the taste lah.). Friend R only knew about it that day itself and he went "Omg, sorry I didnt know you dont like Strawberry!). It was rather funny seeing his expressions. Of couse I'm okay with it because it is after all, still a cake, and is a highlight for that event. My 2nd cake of my birthday, it was all good. :)



As you can see the cake is so small, and im rather tall :). 

Friend D went to put a strawberry inside my slice of cake and wants me to use my mouth to pick the strawberry out. Guess that's some 'penalty' birthday boy have to face. Oh well, I did it. It was rather fun. 

Had my time to enjoy myself inside Friend J's BMW! Not on the road of course. But still, I'm rather thankful and happy that I get to sit inside the car. 


:: Isn't it cool to have your own car? Friend J's mother bought him a BMW once he got his liscence! :: 


Alright, my birthday still falls within the Chinese New Year period, so gambling is still a must. After my celebrations, the group of us went to play Blackjack.  Well, I didn't have any luck in blackjack this year as I lost $20 just by playing a bit. When you keep getting starting cards like 13, 14, 15, and somehow your next card will definitely be a picture. Oh well, that's luck. 





Not forgetting to mention, before we even cut the cake, we went to Keppel Bay to have my birthday meal! Atmosphere is rather good, but the food is overpriced. Let me show you what I've eaten. 





This King Salmon for $26. Well, the salmon was great, but seriously, just 1 small piece on a big plate doesn't equate to the price they offer. I guess that cafe is really only meant for people to have desserts and drinks. The place was great! :)


Lesson learnt 
:: When you are unsure about how big the serving will be, please change your mind and pick other dishes. Breaks my heart when I see Fish 'N' Chips at $17, and a much larger serving :( ::


Nevertheless, I'm rather happy and satisfied. 


Next up, is my 21st birthday Part III. Gathering at my house. I didn't really have to prepare much for this because it was never meant to be a party. What I wanted was to have a day where family members and relatives, as well as some of my close friends can actually come down for a gathering. I had a rather fun night yesterday. It was pretty fun.
 
Receiving presents from my family members and relatives were indeed surprising. I have never received presents from them for very a very long time! I was more than elated to receive presents than red packets this year! :)


Disclaimer :
:: Doesn't mean I would want presents all time, I need red packets for the money :P::


Yea we had our food catered from Smiling Orchid. The food was good. Am glad that I invited my friends here if not there will be alot of left overs :).





I like this photo : )



Love my family. Happy birthday my dearest sister :) 





Love my grandparents too! A-gong A-ma I love you :)





Really thankful to all these people who came down to celebrate my birthday. 3rd cake for my birthday, still, the heat is on! :)


I love to see happy faces on everyone. It makes me happy as well. Hope all of you guys can be happy everyday too. Looking at them cheering and clapping and singing birthday song for me makes me feel loved and happy. Really thankful. 





I'm cutting this 3rd cake for my birthday. Happiness still remains. I'm like a kid who had just been given candies :) 


I love my cake, did you see the gold key? Signifies a key to adulthood! :).





Me and my brothers! All of them are having their 2nd cake for my birthday. Oh well, who ask them to know me? Lol. Calories yea? Really feel paiseh for them because some of them don't really know how to come to my house. As you all know, my house is located in Ulu-island, need to make a few calls, ask around, make a few wrong paths then you will find my house. Still, they made an effort to come! I'm so happy. 





I love my cousins! See their happy faces! Im so happy as well. Oh the things under the table sorta spoils the picture :(. Shall do some packing soon. :)





My Uncles and Aunties, aka Mahjong slayers. Thank you people for your presents and red packets :) 





My relatives from my mum's side. Thank you all for coming too :) 





And of course, gambling is a must. So... mahjong chips for blackjack! I didn't play. but they did. So fun. Blackjack is like the most common game everyone plays during Chinese New Year. Change game next year? All to learn mahjong? Hehe.





Artistic photos by me :)


Reflections :
:: Sometimes, it's not about what you get, it's about what you have given. I truly believe, as long as everyone is happy, I will be happy too, I really love to see smile and laughters from everyone ::


Okay, hope you guys have a great time too! Wishing all of you HCNY and may your birthday be as happy and blissful as mine =). 

No comments:

Post a Comment