Sunday, July 3, 2011

Army Clique Meetup + Grandmother's Bday! :)

My first post for July 2011. We are embarking on the 2nd half of the year, and have you worked or achieved whatever you have set out to achieve for the 2011? 6 months have passed, and I'm grateful that it has been rather smooth for me.


Finally my contract for my temporary job ended on thursday. It has been a rather tiring 3 months. I wouldn't say I have done a very good job, but I'm rather satisfied with my job. I have to deal with hard-to-get-along colleagues, and I've also met very nice colleagues. So grateful to have them with me, if not my job will be 10x more boring. 


Well, 1st July, finally a day set out to meet up with our long-time-never-meet army clique! I organised the event. Despite a few disappointments where I was expecting the people to be more involved in providing suggestions on where to go and what to do, and not waiting for things to happen, I really appreciate Y and C for actively helping me out with the planning. 


Nevertheless, we went out to Lalala. This is my first ever time to visit Teo Heng Karaoke at Katong Shopping Centre. When we first got there, we were like.. "howcome got so many maid agencies? Are we at the wrong place?". hahah It was correct and we entered Teo Heng karaoke. The karaoke lounge was rather budget and shabbily, the room was rather small. However, we have all that we needed to satisfy our cravings for the major karaoke jam! 


7 people contained inside a small room leave us with quite a small space to move around. We had quite alot of fun! :). 


After lalala session, we proceeded on to have our dinner at Hong Kong Street Chun Kee. Oh well, we holland-ed on the way, not my fault but the wrong postal code given by the website. It doesn't matter, we took bus to the correct place. I've never gone there before but I have eaten the food from the same restaurant at some other branch, so the food was expected to be somewhat of the same standard. And there you go! 


Hong Kong Street Chun Kee 
240 Tanjong Katong Road 

Yam Ring

Pork

Omelette

Har-Chiong-Kai(Fried Chicken)

Kang Kong

Metal Plated-Tofu

San-Lou Horfan 


The choice for Tze Char was purely voted. We had countless times of western, japanese, and we thought of switching to tze char for a change. I'm glad that this Hong Kong Street Chun Kee provides rather good food. We had enjoyed our dinner. And what's more important was, we spent only about $11.60 per person. It was super worth it. 

Of course, how can we exclude a group photo? 


After dinner, we had time, so we made a trip to city area, and then into MBS. MBS area never fail to attract me. The buildings, the lightings and all, simply attractive! 

Look at this!!

We came across this part where there are many trees planted, and each tree actually represents a country. The picture above shows the one representing Singapore. Cool.


After which, we went to watch the free show at Waterfront again,my nth time, and still counting. Nice and attractive :)


Later, the 8 of us sat at the food court and talked about anything under the sun! We had a great talk. It's actually rather sad because T and S are leaving for australia to further their studies soon. Hope we all still can keep in contact. :)


Yesterday, my family and I were at home celebrating my grandmother's birthday!! Very fun indeed! :)

Wonderful birthday cake!!

Presenting our presents! (omg i shldnt have worn admin tee, so unglam).

Over at the dinner, we had so much fun with my dear cousins and nephews! Yes, have to really admit I'm an uncle now. hahah. 

I really love this photo! All of us look so good! :) My mischievous nephews made their usual unglam faces. 


After that we started cam-whoring. We decided to do the shock faces! 

:O

and.. my father JOINED IN! ahhahaah this is a very nice photo! I love it loads!


I'm very thankful and happy to see smiling faces on everyone's faces on this very night, especially my grandparents. We all had alot of fun in this night itself. And we all spammed our karaoke songs, with only one intention, making everyone happy. I love my family. 


That's all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment